I haven’t posted a Carousel in over two weeks so this will be a MEGA Carousel. Enjoy!
(thanks to Max Schneider)
Some sites, blogs, flickrs and tumblrs I have become obsessed with lately:-
- If you want to make sure you learn something new everyday then visit Brain Pickings.
- The Frenemy – one of those ranting blogs, but the good kind of rant, for girls.
- Pinterest – this is a relatively new social media site which I am totally in love with. By downloading the ‘Pin It’ bookmark you can add any picture from any website (except Facebook) to your own personal albums. Users can like, comment or repin your posts. Awesome stuff!
- Love watching documentaries? Then this is the site for you!
- Got to send an article link to a person but have no time to explain the important parts? Then why not highlight it with the AwesomeHighlighter.com.
- Media Militia. A really great site for design inspiration with useful tutorials and links to other cool designs and graphic designers. They also give out freebies!
- I’m such a data and statistics nerd but you’ve gotta admit, infographics are the shizzay. Even the USA Air Force uses them! This site collects a couple of cool infographics for your viewing pleasure: VIZUALIZE.
- The animated .gif master (thanks to galadarling.com)
- How old media fans are pushing away Gen X and Gen Y and the story of Team Coco. You gotta love Conan O’Brien!
“The Beatles were trying to be the Everly Brothers, and they couldn’t quite pull it off. Elvis really wanted to sound like Dean Martin…You have an image in your head of this iconic person. For me, it might have been Johnny Carson, where you grow up with him, and you think, ‘Well, that’s who I need to be’ — to realize that feeling I had when I was 8, sitting in my parents’ house and watching him. And then things happen, and you think, ‘Oh, my God, I didn’t — that fell apart.’ But it’s the failure to be that person or to completely follow through on what he did that leads you to something that’s much better.”
- Super Mario themed party. Yes, yes, yes! I will do this one day. Fo shizzle.
- This list of the 31 New Social Media Resources You May Have Missed will keep you entertained for a while.
- Photoshop, fashion and body image. Yes the debate is still raging on!
- Ben Heine’s PENCIL vs CAMERA collection. I love pencil art!
- A list of the 100 Most Respected GLOBAL companies. And the winners are…
- Men: This is why ‘Single Girls Be Crazy!’
And now time for some interesting videos:-
- Five ways to overcome your problems and worries (thanks to Sudeep Kumar)
And finally, some awesome posts from tinybuddha.com:
- This post is great. It talks about a couple who answered an ad to be medical clowns, kind of like Patch Adams! I don’t know if that’s the correct term but healing through laughter is so fascinating to me. I just had to post this: Stretching Yourself and Creating Smiles.
- It is better to give than to receive. Hmm, maybe not. The comments are quite interesting too.
- A powerful post on THE POWER TO CHOOSE.