Welcome to this week’s carousel. I hope you had a great weekend. And to top it all off my picks of the week…
- The book-shelf staircase above inspired me to find these 15 Creative and Modern Staircase Designs
- And since Carnival is soon upon us in Malta why not check out The Most Outrageous, Inappropriate Kids Halloween Costumes, Ever.
- I got a shock last week when I heard the Zodiac star signs had changed. I never read my horoscope so I guess it wouldn’t have really bothered me but I’m still kind of proud that I’m a Gemini. Weird huh? Thank God the change is for babies born from 2009. Phew!
- My new food obsession in 2011 is the CRANBERRY. I made some sweet ricotta and cranberries vol-au-vents with icing sugar for New Year’s Day lunch and I became obsessed. I’ve also been having Weetabix’s Minibix with Cranberries, Raspberries and Raisins. BLISS. And now I found out this magical fruit also has it’s own Institute for the research and increased awareness of the health benefits of cranberries. Seriously, this fruit has to be part of everyone’s balanced diet!
- Are you a Skins fan? Then you’ll love this website 🙂
- Is Social Media ROI measurable? by Daniela Grech from ICON
- Do you want to be an Illustrator? This article on galadarling.com is a real eye-opener.
- Is happiness genetic? Another cool extract at galadarling.com taken from The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (As you can tell I am a crazy Gala fan).
- Original Space Jam website is still online after 16 yrs!! Somebody hold me, I feel a wave of super geek fanaticism rushing over me. I was such a Space Jam fan back in the day. Michael Jordan was my hero, Chicago was my favourite city and I sang “I Believe I Can Fly” every day till the age of 14. Can I share another secret? I kind of still sing it every now and then. *blushes*
- Old Medicinal Adverts in Archaic Maltese. There’s even one for an all curing Elixir. Oooooh.
- Wikipedia’s 10 year anniversary. The site that should have never worked but it did. An article by Clay Shirky for the Guardian.
- My favourite church song sang by an amazing Gospel Choir:
- Been stuck on this song all day! ———->
- The first Saturday Night Live of 2011 was hosted by Jim Carrey and got one of the highest ratings in a long time! Jim Carrey is another one of my childhood heroes and I still love him to bits:-