I am a girl of many interests but I want this blog to not only have diverse entries on topics that catch my interest but to also be of usefulness to others, to spark debate, to inspire others when they’re running dry and to evoke creativity in people’s lives. One person who has helped me make this conscious decision is a woman I never actually met. Her name is Gala Darling and she is a professional full-time blogger. I have been following her blog for the past year now and have even purchased some of her podcasts. I may not agree with all her posts but one thing’s for sure: she is a very inspirational lady!
Her avid readers have been following a weekly tradition for quite some time now known as Carousel which is a list of links to things that have caught the blogger’s eye during the week. This week I decided to induct myself in this tradition and start posting my own Carousel!
The carousel comes from the French carousel and the Italian carosello, meaning a rotating circular structure with seats for riders used for amusement purposes. The carousel or the merry-go-round is a fun whirlwind adventure, so I hope you enjoy the ride. 🙂
First, two cool links I found on GalaDarling.com:-
- “I don’t know what to do with my life!” – Haven’t we all been down that road before? Gala helps us get back on track.
- How to Buy a Round-the-World Plane Ticket (that Kicks Ass) – This is one of my lifelong dreams! Anyone care to join me? 🙂
And here are some more cool links I found this week! Knock yourselves out…
- Does Self Empowerment lead to Procrastination? – I found this blog through Gala Darling but the blog post I discovered myself and it really got me thinking. Are you an extremely driven and ambitious person but find yourself procrastinating over and over again? This is what happens to me and I have been slowly trying to change my ‘why-do-now-what-you-can-do-tomorrow’ nature. I even wrote a blog (or two?) about the matter on my old blog BlackCherie. Sometimes, it’s a matter of habitual routine I guess.
- Bloggers can change the world! Last week, I discovered BLOG ACTION DAY 2010 and today, 15 October, thousands of bloggers (including myself) blogged on the topic of WATER. Click the picture below to sign a petition to have an International Water Treaty to Provide Clean Water Everywhere. Water is precious.
- While attending a workshop on ‘Harnessing the Power of Social Media in the Workplace’ last Friday, one of the speakers showed us this. I LOVE IT!
- “Is Malta becoming Silicon Valley or India?” – an interesting post by a friend of mine, Mark “Biwwa” Debono on the “real” reason Malta attracts so much investors and why more graduates, professionals and specialists seem to want to leave the island.
- Skype is good. Facebook is good. If they both integrate this is the result.
- The European Journalism Centre is offering all European youth a great journalistic opportunity. Check it out at YoungReporters.net. I wanted to take part but I think I have to use my own native language, Maltese, which I am fluent in but cannot use as confidently and wittingly as the English language.
My music fix:-
My fave tunes and videos of the month are…
I love club anthem sounding tracks!
Cee-Lo got his soul on for his new album Lady Killer. MUST BUY IT when it’s out!
The bloody best tribute cover album of the year! From a crazy Hall and Oates fan, with Love.
An oldie but a motherchuckin’ goodie! Word Up. B-)
Hope you enjoyed my carousel this week and hope to keep this a regular fixture which I can post every weekend, possibly on Sundays.
Peace, love and good weekend vibes!